Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Update from Sweden!

*originally written 6/25*

I'm currently sitting at gate 10A in the Stockholm airport. The flight from Chicago was uneventful (a good thing methinks), hopefully the flight to Bergen in three hours will be just as uneventful! I only slept for about an hour - try as I might, my brain wouldn't shut down, plus the kid behind me was determined to poke his video screen into submission. I managed to hunt down a Starbucks in the airport here and bought some iced iced chai for mom and me (99 SEK, so about $14.... still worth it). The caffeine has helped or at least being in a relatively airy, well-lit airport terminal is keeping me awake (for now!).

Sweden, from what I can see, is pretty - although it's currently raining (read: it's a downpour). Everything is still very green and fresh looking. Swedish is also a very pretty language; however if I'm not careful it might put me to sleep!

Sweden from the airport!

On another note: mom, dad, and I came up with a new tongue twister after seeing a specialty product in the airport store... "Swedish fish sauce." Its much more difficult than it would at first seem.
More once we reach Bergen!

1 comment:

  1. Swedish fish sauce. Swedish fish sauce. Swedish fish sauce. Swedish fish sauce. Swedish fish sauce.

    I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete