Monday, November 26, 2012

Pompeii Photojournal: 11/23 - 11/25

Isa, Gretchen, Jessika, and I took a trip down South with the intent of seeing ruins, drinking fresh orange juice, and seeing more of this big world we live in. I think it's safe to say we succeeded on all three counts.

Hanging out in Sorrento, on the dock.

My first picture with Santa! 
In front of the Christmas tree in Sorrento.

Isa and me, post-shopping.
And then this happened. POMPEII.

And I was ALL OVER the ruins. Literally.

The Thinker comes to Pompeii.

Epic pose for an epic place.
Frescoes in the House of Mysteries. So cool!
The statuary garden -- meaning statues of dead people. Formed by lava. Dang nature.
Temple of Isis.

Tell me this isn't one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen.
We spent 6.5 hours here and I didn't want to leave.
But then we did this the next morning! Mount Vesuvius!
They call these the "foothills."

The crater!

Yes, that's some smoke. (And some clouds.)

This is as far as we could see.
Made it!


All in all, super fun weekend in Sorrento, Pompeii, and on the mountain (volcano). Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment